Short-line Railroads require Special Agents and Special Treatment
This class of Railroad operations presents its own unique challenges to insure properly. This type of operation is typically organized as a for-profit organization with a single or multiple owners. In some instances the owners deal with the day-to-day operations of the Railroad, and in others the Railroad is operated with all paid staff.
These operations typically involve operations that own their own track, that might be a distance ranging from a few miles to several hundred miles, and are typically subject to “FELA”, Federal Employee’s Labor Act.
You will find a Primary Railroad Liability Application in the forms section of this Web Page. We can typically get you a quote within a week of receiving the information we need, however we do prefer working on an account at least 45 days prior to expiration.
We are experts in this field and writer of this class of insurance Business throughout the United States.
What you can expect if you contact us:
- Knowledgeable Professionals that will be a resource for all your insurance needs.
- Excellent Service in handling Policy Changes, Issuing Certificate of Insurance or Dealing with the Unique situations that preset themselves in operating your Railroad.
- We are experts in dealing with the insurance requirements of Class I, II or III Railroad Insurance requirements, so if you are crossing or using their track we know what you will need.
- Access to the all of the active insurance markets writing Short-line Railroads in the United States today.
- A Friendly Team of Individuals who look forward to working with you.
The following agents are trained in this specialized area of coverage:
- Dan Roddy: